Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sometimes I get angry

Sometimes I get angry.

I say,

"you make me so mad."

When someone does something I don't like.

Mom says,

"Who makes you mad?"

I'm supposed to say,

"I make me mad."

Mom says,

"You choose the way your feel."

She says,

"it is not what happens,

but what you think about what happens,

that makes you feel angry."

When someone does something I don't like

I think:

"I don't like that.

He shouldn't do that.

It is awful that he does that.

If he liked me he wouldn't do that.

No one likes me.

I'm worthless."

I think these things all so fast,

that I didn't even know

I was thinking them.

When Mom told me to listen to

what I was saying to myself,

to listen to my self talk,

I started to hear what I was thinking

When I do get mad,

I don't like. . .

I choose what I am thinking,

and if I choose to get angry I will...

but mostly I choose to think.

I don't like what he just did,

but I will choose to stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment